Click the following link to return to the current challenge website: code.acgov.org
We've posted several of these "App Ideas" for you to vote on. Let us know which ideas you like best.
Give us your APP IDEAS!
Are you a citizen of Alameda County and would like to suggest an app idea for the coders to develop? Are you a developer and want to suggest an idea for your fellow coders to "chew on"?
Send us your ideas!!
- "If you want to work on an app for info on Senior Centers, pls include the particular membership details that is specific to each center. BTW, Senior Centers are usually funded by local cities.m So what happens in unincorporated areas?" - Howard
- "SNAPMapper, the Yelp for food stamp users, of which there are a record number in Alameda County. The mobile app helps people make the most of their funds by finding the store that meets their needs whether that is distance, price or quality. SNAPMapper lets users rate stores and identify the ones gouging shoppers or that should not qualify to accept SNAP, the new name for food stamps. The app will also offer directions and AC Transit routes. The database framework is in place. We just need a team to help with a searchable tag system, star ratings, mapping and transit directions." - Angela W.
- "A site that shows all the schools in my neighborhood: from pre-school to high school, public, charter and private, by radius (1 mile, 2 miles, 3 miles)" - Annonymous
- "An app where you can find out where you can get a pregnancy test or STD test today" - Annonymous
- "Earthquake danger app—the user would put in an address and get information on shaking danger for it." - Annonymous
- "Inmate locator app—would help family find and arrange visits to people in County Jail." - Annonymous
- "Jury Duty app—would allow those called for Jury Duty to check if they needed to report." - Annonymous
- "An app where you can take a picture of a parking meter that isn't working and it reports the time and GPS coordinates. It also keeps an updated maps of meters that aren't working so people know to avoid them." - Eric
- "An application that lists all the free county activites by cities. Especially the health related activites." - Annonymous
- "An App that lists all companies that do business in Alameda County and their job openings." - Cheryl B.
- "A county map app that tells us when we're in an incorporated or unincorporated part of the county based upon GPS. Also, highlights local county resources and historical landmarks with facts." - Dexter C.
- "Using GPS or address data, identify city, if location is in an incorporated area or name of unincorporated area, school district, police jurisdiction, utility providers (is it EBMUD, Hayward Water, Oro Loma?) provide emergency and non emergency contact information for the appropriate agencies. Ability to report issues, pothole etc. street lights out, unsafe conditions. Reference local parks, services, hospitals and emergency shelter sites, etc." - Ilene
- "Build a mobile app that shows a restaurant's health inspection ratings." - Annonymous
- "Create a map of senior services available, including their hours and location, contact info, etc." - Deena
- "I would like to report street lamp outtages and pot holes from my smartphone and the system automatically detects my location using the gps receiver in my smartphone." - Wei-min
- "A way to see if ... people have gotten sick at a restaurant" - Kiara
- "Evaluate the health insurance ratings situation at restaurants - people with inadequate coverage work sick. Make transparent in particular % workers on health ins and if workers can take sick day." - Jessica
- "A place to find health services in the county." - Beth
- "I would like to have an app that enables people to post garage or yard sale information. You can go to your area and find what you need." - Elisa
- "An augmented reality app that allows high schools to tag county features with historical, science and/or sociological significance (i.e., Hayward fault line) which teams of elementary school students can use as learning treasure hunts." - Dexter C.
- "An app to report and publicly display police misconduct, e.g. unsafe and dangerous driving by police officers." - Annonymous
- "I would like a mobile app (lets call MyHome) which has 'one stop shop' info for local alameda county residents. Information should include Local Schools, Parks, Hotels, banks, entertainments, Maps, Local events based on the alameda residence address. Taking this concept further, the app should also include homeowner's property related information such as Property accessment, Property taxes amount & due dates with reminders, Trending of local home values in their zipcode and other related mortguage related info such as HARP, FHA, Refinance, Rates etc." - Mack S
- "I would like to be able to easily find 'biking safe' streets on a map. Streets where biking lanes exist." - Wei-min
- "A site that lists pets recovered to help reunite owners as well as promote adoption." - Wei-min
- "An app that shows family fun event/locations/things to do in Alameda County. This may include special events happening in Alameda County Library, farmers market, Oakland zoo, museums, etc. People can search by date & time and sort by proximity to their current location." - Amber L.
- "I want to check out books from the library using my smartphone." - Wei-min
- "An app that shows tourists what to do." - Bob
- "Check out library books and put codes from our various loyalty cards on an app. Bet Oakland is already using an app to report public works issues. Called see,click,fix" - Emily
- "A gps-based app to report (hazards like) hurt squirrels or deers on the road, and give heads-up to other drivers that r driving close by." - Karla